The use of gastrointestinal endoscopy has proven therapeutic benefits. Our active, state-of-the-art endoscopic procedure unit offers the full range of diagnostic tests to detect digestive and liver problems.
Temple is also the only regional medical center using conventional endoscopic ultrasonography, high- and ultra-high-frequency probe endosonography, and curvilinear/doppler/sector endosonography.
These techniques can play an important role in diagnosing and staging malignancies. They also may play a role in evaluating some non-malignant conditions, such as scleroderma, cirrhosis and achalasia.
The endoscopy unit has one of the lowest complication rates in the region.
State-of-the-art endoscopic facility
In November of 2005 we moved into a brand new, state-of-the-art endoscopy facility. This facility features all-digital imaging, brand new endoscopic technology including ultrathin endoscopes that do not require sedation, enhanced digital fluoroscopy, and more. This patient friendly environment permits easy access from valet parking, private changing rooms and recovery.
Endoscopic tests include:
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Interventional endoscopy
- Liver biopsy
- Esophageal, rectal and biliary manometry, and endoscopic ultrasound
- Biliary endoscopy
- Upper endoscopy
- The Temple Digestive Disease Center was one of the first to screen patients with high-definition (HD) digital imaging endoscopes.
- Our GI physiology laboratory improves the ability to screen and test patients, especially those with symptoms that are difficult to diagnose and treat.
- We offer other advanced diagnostics including the SmartPill®, a wireless capsule for rapid motility screen of the entire GI tract, and other wireless endoscopy techniques for small bowel and esophageal imaging.
- For the last decade, Temple physicians have played a vital role in measuring gastrointestinal myoelectric and contractile activity as well as transit (GI motility).
Oleh Haluszka, MD, discusses the benefits of interventional endoscopy and his cutting-edge GI research:
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with a Temple Digestive Disease Center Physician, click here or call 1-800-TEMPLE-MED [1-800-836-7536].