Temple Digestive Disease Center - Philadelphia, PA
Welcome to the Temple Digestive Disease Center
The Temple Digestive Disease Center is a dynamic, multi-specialty destination of choice for gastrointestinal disorders, offering advanced diagnosis and treatment in three convenient locations.
We strive to provide the latest diagnostic and therapeutic options for patients in the region, combining comprehensive office and inpatient consultative services with state-of-the art motility testing, endoscopic resources and, if necessary, surgical expertise.
To provide high-quality care, we bring together a multidisciplinary treatment team, tailored to a patient’s needs that can include gastroenterologists, hepatologists, pathologists, surgeons, nurse practitioners and dietitians.
Learn more about the Temple Digestive Disease Center
Benjamin Krevsky, MD, MPH, Chief of Gastroenterology at Temple University Hospital, discusses some of the exciting things happening in gastroenterology at Temple.
Why Choose the Temple Digestive Disease Center?
With over 13,000 patient visits each year, our digestive health center located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PA) is one of the most experienced in the region in treating gastrointestinal disorders.
- Renown: Temple gastrointestinal specialists are leaders in treating complicated digestive diseases, including gastresophageal reflux disease (GERD), Barrett’s esophagus, pancreatico-biliary and post-surgical problems.
- Facilities: Our digestive health center in Philadelphia, PA features advanced technology for battling the most complex gastrointestinal diseases. We provide patients with access to virtually every available endoscopic, manometric and endosonographic treatment option, as well as some investigational diagnostic and therapeutic procedures – including confocal imaging and optical coherence tomography.
- Leading Research and Innovation: Temple researchers are renowned for work in esophageal, gastric and colonic motility, endoscopic ultrasound, new endoscopic techniques and research in hepatology.
- Convenience: We offer three office locations in Greater Philadelphia, including Temple University Hospital, Temple Health Center City and Temple Health Fort Washington.
Advanced Diagnostics and Superior Outcomes
Timely and advanced diagnostic techniques can help improve patient outcomes. The Temple Digestive Disease Center was one of the first digestive health centers to screen patients with high-definition (HD) digital imaging endoscopes. We also offer advanced and minimally invasive diagnostic procedures that include un-sedated endoscopy and rapid motility screening of the entire GI tract.
- Temple patients have access to some investigational diagnostic and therapeutic procedures not available elsewhere.
- We offer 24-hour and 48-hour BRAVO monitoring of esophageal and oropharyngeal acidity, 24-hour monitoring of esophageal motility and 24-hour monitoring of esophageal bile reflux.
- Temple's innovations with ultra-high frequency endosonography can vastly improve evaluation of vascular and neoplastic lesions.
- Our expertise with "push" and capsule enteroscopy has made us one of only a few digestive disease centers able to routinely use these techniques.
- Temple is one of the few digestive health centers offering antroduodenal motility, impedance tomography and electrogastrography.
- The Temple Digestive Disease Center evaluates more gastroparesis patients than most hospitals in the country and has one of the largest gastric pacemaker programs in the nation. (Learn more about gastroparesis treatment at Temple.)
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with a Temple Digestive Disease Center Physician, click here or call 1-800-TEMPLE-MED [1-800-836-7536].
Our gastroenterology specialists practice at Temple University Hospital, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Temple Health Center City, also located in Philadelphia, PA, and Temple Health Ft. Washington, in Fort Washington, PA.