Welcome to the Temple Digestive Disease Center - Philadelphia, PA
Oleh Haluszka, MD, Philadelphia Magazine "Top Doc"
Learn more about Oleh Haluszka, MD, Section Chief of Gastroenterology: watch videos For Physicians and For Patients.
Temple University Hospital
has been recognized again among the
best in the region for Gastroenterology
& GI Surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about Temple's rankings
Why Choose the Temple Digestive Disease Center?
At our digestive health center, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PA), we believe that all patients deserve the attention of meticulously trained and highly experienced gastrointestinal specialists.
"Top Doctor" designation by Philadelphia Magazine (2012, 2013):
Oleh Haluszka, MD - Gastroenterology
Advanced Diagnostics and Superior Outcomes
Timely and advanced diagnostic techniques can help improve patient outcomes. The Temple Digestive Disease Center was one of the first digestive health centers to screen patients with high-definition (HD) digital imaging endoscopes. We also offer advanced and minimally invasive diagnostic procedures that include unsedated endoscopy and rapid motility screening of the entire GI tract.
- Temple patients have access to virtually every available endoscopic, manometric and endosonographic treatment option – plus some investigational diagnostic and therapeutic procedures not available elsewhere.
- We offer 24-hour and 48-hour BRAVO monitoring of esophageal and oropharyngeal acidity, 24-hour monitoring of esophageal motility, and 24-hour monitoring of esophageal bile reflux.
- Temple's innovations with ultra-high frequency endosonography can vastly improve evaluation of vascular and neoplastic lesions.
- Our expertise with "push" and capsule enteroscopy has made us one of only a few digestive disease centers able to routinely use these techniques.
- Temple is one of the few digestive health centers offering antroduodenal motility, impedance tomography, and electrogastrography.
- The Temple Digestive Disease Center evaluates more gastroparesis patients than most hospitals in the country and has one of the largest gastric pacemaker program in the nation. (Learn more about gastroparesis treatment at Temple.)
The Temple Digestive Disease Center, designed exclusively for the care of patients with digestive disorders, allows patients to get all their care in one convenient location. Our spacious digestive health center in Philadelphia, PA features all-digital high definition endoscopic imaging, enhanced digital fluoroscopy and new endoscopic technology such as ultrathin endoscopes. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facility because it is a reflection of our success in helping patients battle some of the most complex gastrointestinal diseases.
Leading Research and Innovation
Temple researchers are world-renowned for their efforts, particularly in the fields of esophageal, gastric, and colonic motility. Other areas of research include endoscopic ultrasound, new endoscopic techniques, and research in hepatology. This research allows us to apply the very latest techniques to treat even the most challenging cases.
Every patient coming to the Temple Digestive Disease Center will be seen by a board-certified gastroenterologist who, based on a comprehensive patient evaluation and diagnosis, will clearly explain the best treatment options and then coordinate the entire treatment plan. From the initial visit through follow-up, our staff is committed to getting to know each patient's concerns and then creating an appropriately individualized and comprehensive care plan. We are committed to giving all our patients comfort, answers, options, and results.
Minimally Invasive Procedures
The Temple gastrointestinal surgical team specializes in using minimally-invasive, laparoscopic techniques whenever possible for a quicker recovery time, shorter hospital stay and reduced risk of complications.
A Multidisciplinary Approach
Working with Temple's other world-class clinical health centers, we are able to use specialized techniques for diagnosing and treating even the most complex disorders – all in one convenient location.
1 - Each year, Best Doctors, Inc. surveys leading medical specialists from across the country, asking, "If you or a loved one needed a doctor in your specialty, to whom would you refer them?" The result is the "Best Doctors" list and database, which includes the top 3 to 5 percent of specialists in the country.
Our gastroenterology specialists practice at Temple University Hospital, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.